cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial delivery at item level. What does A & B mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client is on ECC 5.0. What is the meaning of Partial Delivery at item level indicators "A" and "B"?

We asked customer service reps to use "A" when customer accepts partial deliveries. But that seems to close the line items even in cases where only the partial shipment has been made.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by: Mithila Hogade on Apr 11, 2008 7:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is the explanation from the SAP help documentation...

Indicator A

If the delivery quantity on this date is not the same as the outstanding order quantity, you receive a warning message. If the delivery quantity is greater than zero, the system marks the order as complete. This indicator is used, for example, when the customer wants you to ship as much as possible on a particular date. If the delivery quantity falls short of the order quantity, the customer wants the order to be marked as complete (that is, wants no backorders).

Indicator B

This delivery should fully satisfy the order quantity. If the delivery quantity does not correspond to the outstanding order quantity, you receive a warning message.

Any delivery quantity, even zero, completes processing of the order. This indicator can be used, for example, for customers who want no backorders to be generated, even when a delivery quantity is zero.

In Customizing for Sales, you can define for each delivery type whether or not zero delivery quantities are allowed.

If only part of the order quantity can be delivered, a delivery is created and the order item is then regarded as completed.

You can create a delivery for 5 pieces for the order item in the example. The order item is then regarded as completed.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/dd/5607f4545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

A = As soon as a delivery doc is created with qty >0, the line item is marked as completely delivered.

B = As soon as a delivery doc is created with qty >= 0, the line item is marked as completely delivered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Partial Delivery at item level indicator controls partial deliveries at the item level.

Here we indicate how the Item is considered completely delivered.

If the field is left blank, then you can create upto the maximum allowed number of partial deliveries.

If you mark it "A" , then, you can create deliveries as long as the open qty is greater than Zero.

If you Mark it "B" then even if you create a delivery with Qty Zero, The item in sales order will be completely referenced.

With "C" , you can only create a delivery with complete order Qty.

With "D", you can create any number of deliveries even after the order qty is completely referenced.

So , in your case, when the customer accepts partial deliveries, You should leave this field Blank. This is good for normal business scenarios where customers allow partial deliveries.

Hope this clarifies your Doubt.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

i still do not understand fully the influences of 'A' and 'B'. i recognized that i can only create one delivery with this setting. when would i use A or B?

best regards,

matthias