cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import a transport from an urgent correction into QAS again ?

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we're new in charm.

We have an urgent correction document, with 1 transport.

We've put the urgent correction in status "to be tested" so now the linked transport is imported into QAS system. But this was a little bit too soon :-s

I had to do some manual work on QAS before importing that transport.

Can I easily (or how can I do this at all) import that same transport again into QAS ?

kind regards,

David De Boel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

depending on how you've customized your maintenance cycle, the transport request could stay in the import queue of QAS. If it is the case you can manually re-import it within the stms transaction using 'import single' functionality.

If you don't know how to do that i will detail the steps for you.

Regards,

Stéphane.

0 Kudos

hi Stéphane,

charm is indeed customized so the urgent corrections keep in buffer.

So now, in our QAS buffer that transport is standing there with a red dot (import return code = 😎 and a yellow triangle at the back (ready for import again)

But if I want to import it manually via STMS I get this error:

You cannot import any requests for project BD0_P00010 at the moment

futher details of the error:

You are not currently allowed to make any imports for project BD0_P00010 into client 100 of the SAP System BA0. The project system switch is currently set to Requests cannot be imported.

I guess it has to be imported via charm?

regards,

David

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have implemented change request and upgraded for SP 15 support pack

when the user tries to import through urgent correction by selecting pass correction to test the TP is not getting imported, when i checked the log it is saying

System cancel RFC destination SM_BQ2CLNT100_TRUSTED, Call TMW_SET_PROJECT_SWITCHES: No authorization to logon as trusted system (Trust ed RC=2).

You cannot import any requests for project BD2_P00001 at the moment

Then i went to show project status switches and changed as "Request can be imported" from " request cannot be imported", then the user is able to import the UC from the task list,

But ideally the status switches should be " request cannot be imported" so that the TP can be imported only through change request.

kindly give ur inputs as it is very urgent.

Regards

Raju

0 Kudos

Raju,

you're correct.

Best practice is to have all red crosses in the system change options.

So nothing can manually be imported or released.

If however, like in my case, you should be able to correct some transport(s) manually, you can go to these change options and temporaly allow imports in certain systems of certain maintenance cycles.

Then you can do your correction imports manually (without charm rules and regulations).

BUT don't forget afterwards to put the change options back to the original (all "not allowed")

regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

You can import the same transport again by selecting that particular request and import that request by selecting the options

->Leave transport request in queue for later import

->Import transport request again

->Overwrite originals

Thanks and Regards,

0 Kudos

Stéphane,

I found it thanks to you !

(i'll reward you for it)

the final solution now was to go to the maintenance cycle and change the CTS switches.

Temporary changed it from "requests cannot be imported" to "requests can be imported".

Then did the manual import

and changed the CTS switch back to original value.

Thanks a lot !

regards,

David