cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR : No SID found for value 'AU' of characteristic 0UNIT - Help need UR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a quantity field which is getting data from ESLL - MENGE. For the quantity field the unit defined is 0UNIT which is getting data from ESLL-MEINS.

I am able to get all the records in BI, but for 'AU' value of MEINS i am getting the error message 'No SID found for value 'AU' of characteristic 0UNIT'.

I checked the underlying table 'T006'. It contains the value 'AU' for 0UNIT. I am not able to understand why SID is not getting generated for this particular value when i am activating data in the DSO.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transfer global settings for units of measurement again and do check the error again closely ,it may not be for that unit of measure which exist but for some other units or some other error

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SID error comes during activation of ODS because the related MD is not available for assigning SIDs.

Whenever Master Data is loaded SID's are generated for those Master Data records.

Now when you load Transaction Data these SID's will used (for the records which use above master data values). This results in performance gain.

If Transaction Data is loaded first than the system checks for SID's. If they are not available system generate SID's. This results in a loss of performance.

Now in the case if you don't have the setting selected (Further Processing Without Master Data/Always update data, even if no master data exists for the data) system will throw error No Sid’s found and load will terminate.

So as a first step ensure that the related master data is loaded and Attribute change run has been triggered.

OR

Load the MD and Activate the MD (Modeling > InfoObject > Search the Infoobject > Right click > Activate Master Data)

Once you perform this you can retrigger the activation. It should work fine.

Else as a workaround you can blank out these particular values and activate.

There is also one more workaround wherein you can create the Master data entries directly in BW itself. But both the above step should be done after consulting Business and considering data volume that needs to be edited/created.

In most case once you perform the loading and activation of MD your activation should work fine when repeated.

OR

In the infopackage goto Update Tab and make the setting Update the records even if no master data exist and reload

This may work.

Thanks,

JituK