cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part inter-changeability (Cross reference) with MPN - HERB - FFFC and FFF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts-

Here we are trying to define all Spare part material master in SAP from legacy system. In legacy system we have part numbers are manufacturer’s part numbers. It also have option to interchange/merge/cross-reference parts and these parts are managed as part of main material master.

Here I am trying to achieve that functionality via defining multiple manufacturer’s part number (HERS) and linking them with internal material numbers (ERSA). That works in purchasing, and I am looking for better functionality in inventory management as well.

Please share your experience..

Also on help.sap.com and also in OSS notes SAP mentioned about HERB (Inventory managed manufacturer part number) and Class FFF (Fit-form-function) to handle part inter-changeability (For DIMP and A&D solutions). If any one can share their experience, it will be great.

Thank you for your time-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activated business function for Manufacturer part number from DIMP. (SWF5 and many OSS notes)

0 Kudos

Hi

I have been involved with a client who is interested to know the implementation of FFF functionality. Can you share your experience in a bit more details.

The client is interested in using parts where multiple models are available in the market and few of them are interchangeable. They would like to purchase it as an asset and then manage the inventory as non valued material. How does it work throuh the APO for forecasting and demand planning functionalities.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any input experts ?

Thanks-