cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing parameters from VC 7.0 to BEx Web Application Designer (WAD) 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot find any information on how to pass VC parameters to WAD 7.0.

I read the document "How To…Integrate Visual Composer Applications and BEx Web Templates" but the steps refer to WAD 3.x which is different from WAD 7.x. If I copy - paste the code and make the right changes (like dataprovider etc), I still get many errors since (I assume) the code is DHTML which is not accepted by the XHTML editor in WAD 7.0. In the end of the document they do refer to a more recent version of WAD in which I have to drag-drop a script object from the pane and insert the highlighted JavaScript code. Even after doing this, I'm still stuck with the other code which is not accepted by the XHMTL editor at all.

Is there anybody who tried this already and is able to provide me a short guide? It's quite important that we can get this thing working.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

the Web API 3.5 also works in 7.0, but is not official supported. The Web API is replaced with the BICS (BI Consumer Services). For Visual Composer you can use the web api I have done this several times. You can use dropdowns and so on in VC and pass the parameters to WAD for example for filling BI variables. For your requirements I can recommend to use the web api 3.5 reference guide for detailed description how to create the url commands.

Best Regards,

Marcel