cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Career

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is is good to choose MDM as career? How is the market of SAP MDM? What will be the job oportunity?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know , MDM has good market .Masterdata is heavily used in many industries such as

banking , healthcare, airline and industies which have multiple braches in various locations.

and also MDM can be integrated to all other SAP Netweaver components(Portal,BI and XI).

To manage the master data across various application systems, MDM is required.

So, Definitely you will have good opportunities on MDM.

Thanks,

Narendra.M

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any one ready to teach me MDM online or in person.

I am from Hyderabad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari. It's really good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me the major areas of MDM are:

Consolidation:Extracting Master Data from different systems and consolidate(Matching Merging,identifying duplicates etc) it using MDM

Harmonization:Consolidation + Distributing master data to different systems like BI for report generation

Central Master Data Management:Managing Master Data Centrally

Every company is having different requirement.So its better to focus on all the above three areas.Since the MDM is new in the market and also will be the base of SOA there will be no question on the scope and demand of MDM.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Edited by: Jitesh Talreja on Apr 11, 2008 2:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari and Narendra,

Thanks a ton.

I have very little knowledge on MDM i.e.- Importing through import manager. Mapping and archive and unarchive repository using console.

Can you please suggest me what are the area I should foccus to learn MDM.

I want to know if any industry is looking for a MDM CONSULTANT

,then what are the area of MDM they are looking for.I know there are different scenario like data consolidation, harmonization ,data sydication etc.etc. But what are the most import area that I should know to crack an interview ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u give me ur id

i will send some more documents to you

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please suggest me what are the area I should foccus to learn MDM.

As jitesh said, you need to have knowledge on consolidation,Harmonization , Central Master Data Management areas to get sucessful in an interview.

There are so many blogs, forums and articles available in SDN .Just go through that, you will definitly

become good MDM consultant .

and also there are 4 basic reference documents in MDM.

1)Console

2) Data Manager

3)Import Manager

4 Syndicator

I hope you have those documents .Just go through those documents.

Thanks,

Narendra.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your mail.

I think it may help you.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

As many people have answered that Consolidation, Harmonization and CMDM are the basic scenarios which are possible using MDM.

In addition I would like to add that MDM can also be used for the following scenarios :

These scenarios are very important.

1. Rich Product Catalog Management : This is basically used to add the rich content to an MDM repository. Adding Images, PDF's, text blocks etc make the data exisitng in MDM as rich data. This can be used in SRM-MDM integration.

Also in a product repository, you can add images to identify a product easily. Same is with a customer.

2. MDM can be used for Print Pulblishing. This is one scenario which not many people have done. You can concentrate on this scenario as well and become valuable. It will add good value to you in the interviews.

On the above mentioned scenarios, you can easily get info on SDN.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you send me also the documents that are related to MDM..and which can be useful.

Thanks & Regards

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls send me too the docs Harii...

Cochin 007 at gmail

0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I work on SAP BI and I did my certification in BI 7.0

I want to move ahead with SAP MDM and planned for the sap certification.

Could you please help me with any sort of material you have. I follow SDN .

Would really appreciate, if any one can send me MDM101 pdf Global Data Synchronization and any other material and would be of great help

Thanks and regards,

Novino

sapnvn at gmail dot com

Former Member
0 Kudos

See these links with different opinions and MDM contents:

/message/4749436#4749436 [original link is broken]

Rewards if found helpful.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just do it . Market is very good for MDM

I think it will be a very good decision on your part if you are planning to learn MDM. MDM is an SAP developed tool for managing master data. Learning a new technology is definitely a good decision .

MDM is picking up the market, and it will very beneficial as SAP is moving towards the ESOA. MDM will be the base for ESOA.

So I suggest your decision to learn MDM is a wise choice.

I already given some links just gothrough it.If u have any doubts Please free to contact me.

I will help u

regards

Hari