Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding redundancy while adding records to the MDM Table

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I add records to the MDM table I face problems of Redundancy. The Table accepts two identical Records. I have listed down few solutions i can think on, please guide me through this.

Is there any option such that of maintaing a "Unique Key" value in the MDM Table?

Are there any direct API methods available for checking the repetetion of records in the MDM Table ?

Please let me know the steps I have to follow to avoid the redundancy of records in the MDM Table.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few more info abt the Unique fields

Multiple records are permitted to have the value NULL for the unique field.

The reason for this is that while unique fields are used to distinguish between multiple records, a unique field with the value NULL means that records has not yet been fully defined, and therefore should not conflict with other record that are also not yet fully defined.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

In your console, you have an option "Unique Field" for every field. Set this to "Yes" to those fields that you want to be unique.

You can also make a combination of fields as unique by clicking on the repository name in the left pane of console, select table name in right top pane and in the bottom right pane, click on Unique fields. In the drop down, you can make the available fields as unique. If you want to make a combination of fields unique, highlight them and press "combine"... this will make your field combination as unique.

Hope this helps.

Rajani