cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between insp. type 04 and 05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru's

Can any body tell me wat is the difference between inspection type 04 and 05 with any example.

This will help me alot.

Thanx in advance!

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nilesh,

Inspection Type 04 - Good's Receipt Inspection from Production.This is used for the HALB & FERT materials which are In house

manufactutred,and after doing production confirmation either in CO11N or CO 15,Qualtity inspection lot will be created for the

Production confirmed quantity.That's they will be shown under Quality inspection stock in MMBE,After Lot clearance in QA32,the

same will be transffered to Un-restricted if its ok.

Inspection type 05 - Inspection for other Good's receipt,When for receving some new materials as sample from a vendor ,which will be

on trial basis,and if quality is to be inspected for such materials,then this inspection is used.This can be used for the materials which

are coming under Good's Receipt using movement 501.

I hope this will help to some extent.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

0 Kudos

Dear Mangalraj.S,

I did one operation use movement 501,and the inspection type is 05,but finally found that the inventory got into Un-restricted inventory.

Why doesn't the goods need to be inspected?

Thanks for your help.

li

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see what material movements trigger which inspection orign, (which determines the inspection type) by reviewing the material movements configuration. This is coded by SAP and cannot be changed.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Inspection type 04 is inspection for production GR. That is when ever you do GR for production in MB 31. The system automatically creates inspection lot. It will not move it to unrestrcted use stock. ( Assignedment of quality view with inspection type 04 in material master is must to get inspection lot ).

Then in T code. QA 32 do inspection with UD and yield quantity with correct storage location. After that the good quantity will be moved to un restricted use stock.

Inspection type 05 is Inspection for samples.

Regards

J . Saravan

Edited by: J. Saravanan on Apr 11, 2008 12:18 PM

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Inspection type 04 is used for GR from Production order (Discrete Mnftg) and GR from Run schedule header (Repetitive mnftg).

Whereas Inspection type 05 is used for GR from other orders such as GR from Project System, and Other Goods receipt.

Regards

Keerthi