cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable document overwrite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, when we edit a document using the web interface we have two possibilities for check-in: Overwrite and Create New version. Is it possible to disable the Overwrite option and if yes how, so that the users cannot overwrite the original document?

Thank you,

Adalbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adalbert,

I am not sure, which application you are talking about. For the weddynpro-based application like cProject 4.0, there is a general way to personalize the UI, like to hide a button. In such case please call the application with URL parameter "sap-config-mode=X".

See more in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/fd/2da442dc030e31e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo, thanks for the reply. Yes, it is the cFolders 4, webdynpro. I tried the parameter you mentioned but it seems that doesn't have any effect, probably is an authorization problem. However we were able to solve the problem by setting the folder status to "Protected Version". We defined this new status in the Status Management. This is what I found in the help (I hope it will be helpfull in the future if somebody has a similar question):

You can protect objects and object versions for a particular status by setting the Protected or Protected Version indicator on the Create Status screen in a status profile.

If you set the Protected Version indicator, you can edit an object with this status. However, when you save any changes that you make, the system creates a new version of the object. The original version cannot be changed. If the object is a document, the system creates a new version when you save your changes or when you check in the document.

Regards,

Adalbert

Answers (0)