Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding Excel Export from Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i've implemented the Excel Export described in this blog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/05/04/enhancing-tables-in-webdynpro-java-150-custom-built-table-utilities

It works fine, but i have 2 question:

- You have to add your Columns who want to get in Excel in the ArrayList. I have a table with LayoutOption (make Columns Visible/Invisible) and want to get all visible columns in my Excel list. You can i realize that?

- My Excel List is shown in my existing Browser Window, but i want to open a new Window, how can i do that?

Kind Regards,

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the code that shows/hides the table columns part of your component? If yes, you could keep the list of visible columns in a context attribute (of type ArrayList<String>) and update this list every time some table column is shown/hidden.

About the link: I would expect that when using target="" a new browser window opens. Isn't that the case?

Armin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cristopher,

For the first Qst:

Lets think in this way; you have set two column fields invisible and in wdModifyView() check if the columns are visible set a flag and accordingly you can set the header at the getColumnInfo() function.

Preferably use switch case to check the ArrayList selection and adding values to it.

For the second Qst:

Its all about the Browser property; where you have to set the option New window should be opened in new window. This will work.

+in case of Mozilla; in Tools->option->Tab->new window should be open in

new window

new Tab

+

Select new window

Regards

-Vinod V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course target "" is the right way, it's friday

the other idea is great and works perfectly..

another problem with my table:

text in some table cells are always capital letters (texts comes from sap tables (rfc),where the text is not save in capital letters!!), are there settings in my table or data types to deactivate this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt that the Web Dynpro runtime somewhere capitalizes these letters. Are you sure the data in the backend are in lower-case?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i'm sure, seeing it by debugging the abap code..same problem with some inputfields, when i enter a text, it changes to capital letters..(only for a few data types, other are working correctly)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've found the mistake. In the backend there is a flag for the domain "Lower Case", this has to be checked..