cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES RETUN STOCK AGAINST SALESORDER

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII,

Please advise way to have stock as salesorder stock when we do sales return(653) movement.

Rgards,

Ayushika Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to send the returns stock to unrestricted use, you have to use the appropriate Movement Type. Movement types used for returns are 651 and 653 ( to place the stock in restricted and unrestricted use)

Regarding keeping the returns stock as sales order stock the requirement is still not clear.

Thanks,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actualy , the stock is falling in qualiy in our case already ,but it is coming in unrestricted.We want to have the stock against Sales Order.

Please help on the same.

Ayushika

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ayushika

To the best of my knowledge, on your requirement

"We want to have the stock against Sales Order"

it is not possible to assign the returned materials to a sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agarwal,

I have come across with this scenario in the real time business process(but not in SAP).

If the returns stock fails the quality inspection below certain levels the company will not accept the returns and the stock will be sent back to the customer.

I am also interested to know the process in SAP.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ayushka

the requirement what you have for that i think ,our friend lakshmipathi has given a solution , so maintian quality management view for all materials . and in quality management view enter inspection setup feild as 06 as our friend lakshmipathi was doubting , but is 06 only .

so when you do PGR , quality inspection should take place , as the materials are returning back to warehouse

while doing PGR, you should also clear the quality inspection . then only PGR takes place

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 12, 2008 5:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii,G. Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your response.

Acually in our company ,there is 1005 sales order scenario,ie all stocks production/reciep etc are against Sales Order,only th e Sales return stock value is coming in unrestricted, so we want that at the time of 653 mvmt itself he stock should be against Salesorder.

Moreover 653 movement type we are using so that it does not fall in quality, and even if it falls in quality it should be against Salesorder

Please help me on the same.

Regards,

Ayushika

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ayushika

For your information, irrespective of movement type for returns, you can block the stock for quality clearance. Go to Material Master, select Quality Management view and click on "Insp.setup". There assign 06 (I belive it is 6 but not sure as right now I dont have access to SAP) in inspection type so that whenever you do PGR, the quantity will be blocked for quality.

Also as I said earlier, to the best of my knowledge, you cannot assign the returned stock directly to a sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ayushika Jain

I dont think it is possible to assign / book the returned stock directly to a sale order. All return order stock will be blocked for quality clearance for either reuse or scrap. If it can be reused, the quantity will be moved to Unrestricted stock again, which is a normal scenario.

Just on curiosity, can you please let me know whether you are asking a real time requirement or just for testing purpose

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi