cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I saw some threads in sdn, XI to XI connectivity is possible using XI adapter, How to do this kind of scenario.

Consider this,Source > XI 1-> XI 2 --> Target. In this scenario how to send data from XI 1 to XI 2 using XI adapter.

Explain it in detail steps.

Also in XI adapter there is one option "Security Settings".. What is the use of this. I am using PI7.0 SP 06.

Hoping for good replies.

Regards

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for answering. Error got solved by giving sender service and receiver service name same in both the server.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for replying. I need more detail about XI to XI connectivity using XI adapter.

Source send the data to XI 1 system, if we use XI adapter whether we need to create proxy for storing the data from source or without proxy is it possible to store the data..?

How XI 2 system receives the data from XI 1 system.?

Both XI systems are running in separate server.

Can any one give the configuration procedure for this scenario in detail.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

No need to create proxies.

In XI server1 ( XI Receiver communication Channel) , you would specify a URL( where to send the data)

In XI server2 (XI Sender communication channel), no need for any URL. as HTTP request from server 1 would directly hit integration engine on server 2 .

Just go through this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Can you tell me the configuration steps, I am not clear

What are the configuration I need to do in XI1 and XI2 system.?

Lets take source as File So to receive the data from source to XI1, I receive using XI adapter and specified parameters such host name of XI1 system and path as /sap/xi/engine/?type=entry. If I do this, data from source will come to integration engine of XI 1 system.

As i need to send the data to XI2 system,...and from this i need to send the data to target... How to configure ..?

Suggest your solution in detail

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Assuming your source and target, both are file systems, see how XI adapter fits in

(Source :File Sender Adapaterserver1)->(XI Receiver Adapterserver1)----->(XI Sender Adapterserver2)--

>(Target :File Receiver Adapterserver2)

a) During this communication, server1 will read the file using File Sender Adapter.

b) During this Communication, server1(XI receiver Adapter) will send the data to server2(here it will be received by XI Sender Adapter)

c) During this communication, server2 will deliver the file to destination.

In XI receiver Adapter of server 1, you would provide the url for server2.

Still any doubts, please do write.

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

I created the scenario in the same way as you specified, In the XI Receiver adapter of server 1 I specified the URL of server 2.

When I executed the scenario Error is coming in Sxmb_Moni of server 1.

Error text:ICM_HTTP_Connection_Failed

I think I need to establish a connection between the server 1 and server 2..If i need to create, what type of connection RFC destination from server1 to server2 or HTTP connection from server1 to server2.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Please go this troubleshooting PDF on page no 54.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bd5950ff-0701-0010-a5bc-86d45fd5...

Also go through this forum thread

Reply back if the problem is still not resolved.

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

The URl which i specified is wrong so it got failed in the server 1. After specifying the correct URL, message got successfully processed in server 1 and message reached the integration server 2 but fails in the Technical Routing in the sxmb_moni

Error Message:

CO_TXT_OUTBINDING_NOT_FOUND

No Receiver agreement found for sender.

But I created receiver agreement for the sender. How to correct the error in order to get the data from server 2 to file.

I searched for this error in SDN but i am not able to get any solution

Kindly suggest some solution.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in this For IDOC related Errors

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

And also cross check that whether in the Receiver determination -

in the bottom of that

Configuration Overview for Receiver Determination

In this ur Interface det & Receiver agreement is present ot not

Regards

Seshagiri

Edited by: N V Seshagiri on Apr 12, 2008 9:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Try this.

(6) Error Category - CO_TXT_OUTBINDING_NOT_FOUND

The problem is in Technical routing.

Check whether the receiver determination and interface determination objects are active in change lists tab. If they are not active, activate the objects.

Also check the if the receiver determination and interface determination objects are referenced to the same namespace or not. Sender and receiver interface objects should always refer to the same Namespace.

-

If doesn't work, try deactivating the XI sender Adapter and sender agreement on server2. XI adapter resides on Integration Engine. It may possible that like Idoc and HTTP adapter , XI adapter also doesn't require Sender Agreement.

In my scenario, I used XI sender Adapter and it worked fine.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

<b>XI adapter there is one option "Security Settings".. </b>

You can do client authentication, 128-bit encryption etc

btw,we can do kind of data encryption in the mapping with java classes and you can pass the value.. but it is just a data level or message level

But generally use cerfticates in the adapters for the secuity purpose. these will help you to give more inputs

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/05/31/how-to-use-client-authentication-with-soap-adapter

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0650f56-7587-2910-7c99-e1b6ffbe...

<b>XI TO XI</b>

Following link will tell about case study of XI adapter.

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/011000358700009390382004E/New_Company_Files/Updated_Solutions/So...

The configurtions for XI ABAP Proxy details are:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/85/78af1bf407434796aaf8dbd6d4e7b7/content.htm

The configurtions for XI JAVA Proxy details are:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5b/12b7e6a466456aa71ef852af033b34/content.htm

*******Reward points,if found Useful

Edited by: BVS on Apr 11, 2008 10:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The communication via web service may have advantages, if you want communicate with non XI systems.

In your scenario, there is direct communication between XI engines, so you can go for XI adapter. The XI adapter which is normally used to configure the exchange of messages with in an Integration Server, canbe extended to exchange messages between the two Integration Servers in the scenario.

Please verify if if you have the common SLD for both XI systems. its preferable to go for seperate SLDs

Check out the similar threads, XI to XI scenarios:

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

XI adapter sends the data through XI protocol which works on HTTP and XML.

So, security for XI adapter means

1) HTTPS(Communication channel security)

2) Message Level Security( You can send messages further in encrypted form)

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos