cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install BI Java in an existing BI 7.0 ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

we have a BI 7.0 (on NW 2004s SR1) only ABAP, migrated from BW 3.1C.

Now we need to implement the BI JAVA Stack to use the features as enterprise reporting,information broadcasting.

How can I do this?

A new standalone installation on a new server lnked to the BI ABAP?

Could you help me ?

Thanks a lot.

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

How can I do this?----

> Yes, you can install the BI-JAVA and JAVA Addin to the existing ABAP instance.

Basically we need to have JAVA Stack for the BI-JAVA.

If required,you can install on the existing system by using the Netweaver2004s media by selecting the JAVA,BI-JAVA stacks.

A new standalone installation on a new server lnked to the BI ABAP?----

>Install the JAVA and BIJAVA on a seperate server and can do integration with the existing ABAP.

Once the installation is completed on a new server,you need to execute the BI-JAVA template in NWA and do the integration between them.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Nooney

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkata.

But if I choose to install a separate standalone host with BI-JAVA I need to install anoher DB instance I suppose, and if I have BI Netweaver 2004s SR1 ABAP, have I to install BI-JAVA NW 2004s SR1 or could I install BI-JAVA Nw2004s SR2 ?

So, could I have a BI-JAVA 200s SR2 connected to BI 2004s SR1 ?

Thanks.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Yes,please you need to install another DB for the BI-JAVA.

So, could I have a BI-JAVA 200s SR2 connected to BI 2004s SR1 ?-------> yes,you can connect.But for doing BI-JAVA integration,both the ABAP and JAVA patch levels should be same.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your big help, Venkata.

Now I am installing BI-JAVA in a separate host.

Do you think that is better to configure UME=Use ABAP (where ABAP will be my BI 7.0 ABAP on the other host?

Thanks.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

not necesarry to keep UME to ABAP(BI7) you can use java data base as UME and continue installation see that both the host are in SAME DOMAIN

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Not required to use the same UME. If in the other host,the UME is ABAP,then it will be better to use the same UME.

Thanks and Regards,