Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the JCO destinations from model

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i created project which uses 3 models.

at first i used the jco connections with name jco_abc_modeldata and jco_abc_metadata.

but now i want to change the jcos and use the ones with some meaningfull name.

for that i have changed names for jcos in modelinstance(modeldata) and dictionary structures(metadata) in project.

but that is not having any effect.

how can i change the jcos in models now??

thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reimport your model... so tht it will affected..

GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi satish

while Re-importing we never mention the jco name so how would it help to change the jco name.

anyways i wll try it out and tell u back the result

thanks

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Salokhe on Apr 11, 2008 12:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi satish

thanks for the reply

it is working.

but the problem is that same project when i transport to the consolidation system it is not working and giving exception as "old jco" not available.

there it is still refering to the old jco

wat error would it be??

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

create u r application once again by using your new jco name. i think then only it will works.

GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Once you've changed the jco names in model class and dictionary, check the project properties -> webdynpro references -> jco references. Update/delete the old jco names if they exist, reload+rebuild the project and deploy.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

thanks for your reply but the problem got solved by restarting the server.

but i have question for you. is it necessary to restart the server always for such changes? and is it feasible to do that often??

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Follow this steps for changing the JCo Connection name:

(1) Go to Dictionaries and select the model and choose properties ; you will find your Jco connection ( Logical system name); change it from there.

(2) reimport model

(3) create a new application

(4) Restart the J2EE engine

restarting the Engine will create a new link to the destination and update the change happen to application; so its recommend that we should restart the J2EE engine after re-importing model.

Regards

- Vinod V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You dont need to restart the server everytime you make the changes to JCO

check this blog for changing the model names in Project

/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/01/27/web-dynpro-adaptive-rfc--how-to-change-logical-system-names-after-model-import

for removing the old entries of the model you can use METADATA CACHE INVALIDATION TOOL

/thread/727501 [original link is broken]

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10465350-b4f5-2910-61ba-a58282b3...

Answers (0)