cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year End closing and carry forwarding with investment management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are having investment management implemented for budgeting.So budget flows from investment management program of 2007-08 to all the WBS element of 2007-08.

For 2008-09, we have done the carry forward of all the WBS elements.

Now for some WBS elements, the available budget is coming negative.

I am not clear about how exactly fiscal year change should happen.

Should I create a new investment management program for next fiscal year..?? And should i assign all the old WBS element to this new investment management program..??

Or should I carry forward old investment mangement program to next fiscal year..??

I will really appreciate if you can help me.

Thanking you.

With Regards,

Mihir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use transaction IM27 "Open a new approval year"

Opening a New Approval Year

Procedure

Decide if you want to transfer unused budgets at the measure level. If you wish, carry forward budget values for orders or WBS elements (Year-End Closing ® Budget Carryforward).

Choose Periodic Processing ® Fiscal Year Change ® Open New Approval Year in the SAP Easy Access menu for investment programs.

Enter the old investment program and its approval year.

In the target investment program, you can limit a repeat run of the Open New Approval Year to a specific investment program position. In this way, you can have changes at the measure level in the old investment program (for example, a measure was closed) be specifically updated in the carryforward on the new investment program, without having to run the Open New Approval Year – Repeat Run for the complete investment program.

4. Specify the fiscal year change functions you wish to carry out:

Copy program structure

Carry forward measures/appropriation requests

Carry forward budget values

Carry forward plan values

Enter a target version, in which the system should enter the forwarded plan values.

Enter a status selection profile, if you wish. The system then transfers only those investment measures that have the specified status.

You can repeat the Open New Approval Year function as often as needed, and thereby perform each of the functions described here separately. You can do this either by running the Open New Approval Year function without selecting the Copy program structure setting, or by choosing the Open New Approval Year – Repeat Run function.

This means that you can copy the investment program at a relatively early point in time using the Open New Approval Year function, assign new measures and appropriation requests to the new program and begin with planning and budgeting. Then you can use repeat runs later to transfer the old measures and carry forward their resulting balances, when you have decided which measures are going to be closed in the old approval year.

Hope that it will help you

Rgrd /Håkan

Answers (0)