cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Split - 3rd Party Item and Normal Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Guru,

I tried to create an invoice from a single order, which consists of 2 different types of items, 3rd party item and normal (sell from stock) but system has split the 2 items into 2 different invoices.

Since the 2 items are from the same order, the standard combination criteria, the header data are the same.

The split analysis says, "Combination criteria in the billing" and followed by 2 docs, 1 is empty and the other one with value "0010105".

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Soo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kah Kiong Soo,

The invoce split takes place based on copying routine which is assigned in the VTFA transaction .

Go to transaction VTFA here you select your order and your invoice type then go in to the item details through selecting the itemcategory.

In the item detail screen you can find field Data VBRK/VBRP

this the field will control the invoice split so you check whick routine as assigned to that as per standard it is 001-Inv. Split (sample).

Take ABAPer help he will able to tell what is the logic involved in that routine then if you want you can change through copying standard one.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks a lot for the your reply.

The issue now is, we are not supposed to have any customization. So, I'm thinking if

there is any way to know the cause of the split.

2 items, from the same order, 3rd Party & Service Item. Both are order-related billing. System automatically splits the 2 items into 2 invoices.

Split analysis doesn't tell much info.

Thanks,

Soo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created your scenario....... Its obvious that we get two invoices because for the normal item delivery is done and with ref to delivery invoice is created......

For third party item the invoice is with ref to order......

So as to get a single invoice, go VF01 and give the delivery No. of normal item and give the sales order no. also for billing the customer to third party item....

Hope this helps you.....

Regards

Bageerath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bageerath,

Thanks for the reply.

In fact, in the order, I have 2 items, 3rd Party and Service item. So, both are order-related billing.

Since both are from the same order, the header data will be the same (I have checked it).

So, I'm wondering if there is any other reason that has caused the invoice to split.

The split analysis is not telling much info, except "Combination criteria in the billing".

So, I'm clueless.

Thanks,

Soo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soo...

There is one case where you can have invoice split,

In this scenario if you are creating invoice for sales order with out completing the MIRO (Incoming invoice) to the third party material, you cannot invoice that material....

Once you did incoming invoice then you can get the invoice picking two line items.....i.e., third party item and service item....

I have never come across invoice split automatically rather I have created multiple invoices based on the requirements and based on the line items....... Can you please let me know where we can do this so that I can look into it.. and know further.....

Thanks

Bageerath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bageerath,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have just found out the mistake I made, in the copying control.

In VTFA, for both items (TAD and TAS), at the Data VBRK/VBRP, both items have to be "001 Inv.split (sample)" . It was left empty for TAD. I have maintained both items and it is combining both items in the invoice now.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Soo