Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is my scenario in the sales order.

1. I have to do availability check for a material.

2. If the material is not available in one plant, and if it is available in different plant of same company code.

We do the stock transport order. Material should come to initial plant, bcs i do assembly at the initial plant location.

3.If the material is not available in other plants too, i should create 3rd party order for this line item.

Now my question is In the saels order, where can i see how we are procuring the material? Whether is STO/ISTO/3rd party Etc

Thank you

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anil

Normally, as you would be aware, in Material Master, under MRP2 view, in the field "Procurement type", you are defining the mode of procurement and I dont think, we can view it in sale order nor delivery nor invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply. I have been following your links quite some time. Thanks for helping the community.

Let me put the question this way. I want to see how i am getting the material in sales order.

Suppose if i am getting a material thru stock transport order, How can i differentiate this line item from regular one.

Thank you

Anil

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anil

let me differentiate

If you are doing any normal order you wont get any purchase requisition tab

If you are doing any third party order in the VA02 ,you can see in the PURCHASE REQUISITION tab in schedule lines which will not be there in the regular sales order.

That means , you are giving order to MM consultants with reference to this purchase requisition to do MIGO-> MIRO

Coming to the stock transport order, through document types we can differentiate , where in for stock transport order document types are NB , NLCC where as in normal sales order document type is OR.

Hope there could be some differentiation

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for the reply.

Now i am clear about 3rd party orders. Before my question i am assuming the following.

1. in the sales order when i enter material and quantity if the material is not available in one plant we can select a different plant.

My questions are

1. now i go to va02 and see list of line items, i want a field indicating a line item is given for STO.

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thank you

Anil

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anil

the concept of STO is entirely different.

In STO we wont be creating any orders MM consultants will be doing all intial settings and later we will be doing delivery only through VL10G (if it is between plants)

And if tthe STO we are doing between to different company codes then we will be doing delivery and billing

so as you assumed , that at VA02 , we can we see any feild like that this line item is for STO . but when we dont create any sales order . how can we see

Hope now you are clear with STO and normal sales order and third party sales order

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Answers (0)