cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing G/L account under Incompletion Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I face this problem during creation of a Sales Order (VA01). In the document header, sold-to party is entered. Thereafter, a material number, together with its quantity and pricing is entered. Hit ENTER.

Then, when I was about the save the transaction, there is a pop up window saying that the document is incomplete, and when checked under the Incompletion Log, it is mentioned there that the GL Account is missing.

When I check the incompletion Log message and hit Complete Data, there was no data to be completed, as GL account was determined!! Checked under assignment of GL account in IMG and was properly maintained, and the correct GL account as per the document was determined.

The fact is, there is actually NO ERROR, and GL account WAS DETERMINED, but why the message still displayed under Incompletion Log and when proceed to save the document, the system prompt saying the document is Incomplete. Since is determined, by right it should not even appear. Checked in the Incompletion Log config, and there was no problem.

Could it be product error? I browsed through the forum, and no one has reported such encounter before.

Pls help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PKW Jr.

Go to VKOA, select the one in which you normally maintain the respective G/L accounts and maintain KOFK instead of KOFI and retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G. Lakshmipathi,

We are to use KOFI only and not KOFK. The field does not allow changes.

Maybe I need to look for other solutions.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank you all for your input. It has been helpful. Anyway, I have resolved it. Just to share with you regarding the problem, found out that the root of the problem is actually the Revenue Recognition for Item Categories configuration (in IMG, located above VKOA).

Thanks.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same problem and we're implementing Revenue Recognition. My G/L account assignments are all in order and are detected when I check my account determination.

Could you perhaps elaborate how you worked it out on the Revenue Recognition config?

My RR item category has the the following RR settings

Time related Rev Recgntion

Proposal based on billing date

Rev Dist Type: Blank

The Unbilled revenue and reconciliation account have been set.

On VKOA, Revenue Accounts and the accruals have also been set.

Thanks,

Majee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We encounter the same problem.

Could you please explain what did you do to solve the problem for the GL account problem in Incompletion log..

It's very very urgent.

Regards

Varaghamurthy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think the problem might be in VKOA screen there,here the chart of account ,account assignment group ,account assignment key and the gl will be assigned ......

u just check there in that screen......

regards,

santosh kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the input. Yes i have checked that t-code much earlier too when i encountered that problem, and the GL account is properly assigned.

Like I have mentioned, the GL account is determined, but STILL it show that it is missing under Incompletion Log. Don't know why. Only for this particular material, which is relevant for billing plan - periodic. This is the additional input I can give. For standard material, no problem. But still could not find any error in the config for billing plan. The header config has included the billing plan under Billing, item category relevant to the billing plan is assigned to this doc type, and billing plan is maintained with GL account in VKOA also maintained. Why is this happening?

Pls help anyone? Any part of the config that may be the problem?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PKW

Isuppose you are doing Make to order . (MTO) .that is why it is asking G/L account while saving the order.

in the sales order go to item data -> account assignment -> click on settlement rule tab -> enter G/L account there and the G/L account number and save it (try to maintain separate G/L account).

Regards

Srinath

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PKW,

Are you encounter this issue in the normal sales process or is there any special process(Like cash sales or Make to Order ..etc)

Regards,

Murali.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PKW Jr.

Not sure whether this will solve your problem but you can just try please.

Go to VA02, select the condition tab and select the condition tab UTXJ and click the blue lens at the bottom left screen. Now you can see what tax code is maitained in the sale order. Make a note of it.

Now go to FTXP, give Country of Origin, give tax code what is flowing in sale order and click on "Tax accounts". There you need to check the respective G/L accounts are maintained. If it is missing there, then you might face this problem.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

I am not sure if this is the problem. Then how do i assign the GL account in the tax accounts? for the t-code FTXP, it is grey off.. not possible to add or change.

There is new development on this. The item category determined for this particular material used is relevant for billing plan - periodic, and GL account is determined. However, the GL account still show missing, though it is indeed determined when trying to complete the data.

When i change the item category assignment procedure for the document type (i.e. ZBCD) and general item category (ZTTT) group to determine an item category (i.e. ZABC) not relevant for billing plan, the error disappeared. (ZBCD-ZABC-ZTTT)

Why is this happening? If i change the assignment as above to determine an item category that is relevant for billing plan (i.e. ZXYZ), the error appear again and GL account is missing, but in fact it is determined and it has no data to complete. (ZBCD-ZABC-ZXYZ)

Pls help.