cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Selection Mask for Tag Query Details not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone else run into this problem? I didn't see anything logged here.

We cannot get this functionality to work. Tried with and without quotes, single or double, using * or % and on workstations running 1.4.2_14 and 1.6 for the JRE. Our workaround of manually entering each tag is pretty tedious in development. Once in production, we will dynamically be mapping the tags, so this is not a long term problem for us, but it makes data checking a pain since we are dealing with between 400 and 500 new tags all carefully named to make the mask selection easy.

We are looking for confirmation that it is a common problem. And if so, we will enter a ticket.

We are on 12.0.2 (Build 88) and our data historian is IP21. We do have UDS Admin 4.0 installed (latest version available).

Please chime in.

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it work for the Simulator server?

By the Way 12.0.3 is out there too. See if there's anything in the release notes.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried it on a 12.0.3 system and at first it worked (once). Then afterwards it wouldn't work again. That was on a jre 1.6 workstation. I am going to test it again from my 1.4.2_14 machine tomorrow. I have not tried doing any testing with the simulator. I may give that a shot as well tomorrow. But even if it works in the simulator, that doesn't help me much.

Thanks,

Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I figured out how to make this work. And it seems rather bizarre.

Type in your Mask like so:

XMII_GD%

Then hit the Clear selection button at the top of the screen. Presto, the list of tags appears filtered by your criteria. Maybe the developer linked the wrong buttons under the covers.

I wonder what the apply button is actually doing?

I will leave this question open for a while in case any others run into this problem. A ticket will be opened eventually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Clear Selection is meant for Clearing the "Available Groups" list selection. So when you click the button ,essentially you are telling xMII to search on all the available tags rather than a particular group.

Do you think you were trying to search on some group rather than all the tags?

Having said that ,as I have never worked with IP21 , do you have groups defined , which you can see on your template?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have no groups in IP21, but I was also concerned that this was limited to IP21. I also tested it against a PI data historian and got the same results. So it really looks like the developer got the two buttons cross linked.

We also went back to an instance of 11.5 to check what the behavior should be. 12.0.2 (and 12.0.3) are both showing this problem. What used to be the functionality of the Apply button has clearly shifted to the Clear Selection button. But I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this. Suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem is for SAP to correct.