cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM activation for a plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus and friends,

can anybody tell me how to activate QM for a plant for results recording.

how to ensure that result recording does not stop any further process, ie, material should be posted to unrestricted stock instead of quality stock. Please tell me what are all the settings required for this.

thanks and regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Activate QM tab in Material Master

2. On QM view, activate QM procurement data and maintain a QM control key. In our plant, we require a certificate of Quality from Vendor. If certificate is not included, then invoice gets blocked.

3. Activate Inspection setup and under that, maintain an inspection type. For raw-materials a common type is Goods Reciept Inspection for Purchase Order.

4. Once inspection setup is maintained, go back into the inspection setup screen and choose the attributes for the inspection type. Typical ones are "Post to inspection stock" and "inspection with task list". You have to maintain a task list also.

With all this info. maintained, during a MIGO, your stock should automatically go into Quality Stock and you should be doing a results recording and usage decision to move it to un-restricted use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am in need of clarification for these questions

1) are there any plant level settings to be made. If so how ( either Tcode or menu path please and the data to be maintained)? In OMS2 I have checked that the QM is activated for the material.

2)In the case you told me the material seems to move to quality stock. But for me when GR is done material should not go to quality stock. It should go to unrestricted stock. I will do result recording later.

Please provide a solution fo this.

regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate the QM view in Material Master, and select the auto UD option.

Regards

Sumit Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) In IMG settings,

Go to QM->Basic settings->Maintain settings at plant level.

Here you need to do plant dependent QM settings.

2) If you dont want the matl to move to Quality stock , In MM set up for that insp type , dont select the "Post to insp stock" option.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

In the material master ass QM view & activate the QM procurement check box & then enter a control key.

Also refer the below link for inputs related to QM.

http://www.saptechies.com/category/quality-management/

Regards,

Senthilkumar