Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everybody if i remove few tcodes from a master role then we can push it to all its derived roles but how to find out that it is effecting which composite roles

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Just a clarification :

A change in the master role is pushed to all its derived roles. Composite roles are just containers for roles. They do not provide any authorizations, only the roles contained within them give authorizations. We can only change the roles contained within them.

If you query is more towards which roles are contained in a composite role, then :

If the derived roles are further part of composite roles, then you can copy all the derived roles ( and master role too if master roles are included in composite roles as part of the design) and check in table AGR_AGRS which composite roles are getting affected on a role change.

Cheers

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi,

Be aware of the fact that if you use the menu option in a composite role, you should edit you menu after changes have been made in a role that is used in the composite role. The tables agr_agrs and agr_tcodes can give all the information you asked for, but do this before you changes the role.

have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

How can I access this table? (AGR_AGRS) - I tried entering it in the command field but that didn't work...

Is there a transaction which I need to run in order to access tables?

Thanks,

Will

0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Tables can be accessed via the table browser/display transaction: SE16/SE17

Cheers

Abhishek