cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item number different in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !! friends,

Inspite of having the tick in VTFA for copying the item numbers from sales orders to billing,in a specific case there is an error of the item numbers being not same as of sales order in the billing.

Any hint,why is this so ?

Thanks for providing answers.

Regards,

Amit Kashyap

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am facing the problem in spite of having tick in VTFA. IF YOU GOT SOLUTION PL. SHARE WITH ME.

Regards;

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !! for your answer.

But as we are creating the billing with respect to sales order,so we were already having this tick in VTFA copy control (additionally also in VTLF) but then also this prob is coming.

Any other idea ?

Regards,

Amit Kashyap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !! friend for taking time out to guide me.

I can understand your point and it is OK for the system to do so.

But in my case what is happening is that if I have 4 line items in the sales order For eg like this

item Number Material number

10 A

20 B

30 C

40 D

And if I bill 3 items then in the billing document it is coming as follows

item number Material Number

2 D

3 C

4 B

5 A

So you see everything is changed,no logic is clear enough to explain this behaviour.Do write back if you have any more insight on this .

Thanks !! for your timely help.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear amit

I understand now. Go to VTFL, select your delivery type and billing type and click on the magnifying lens. Now you have one field "Copy item number". Tick that field and now retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear amit

Let us assume you create a sale order for 10 line items. It doesnt mean that you will generate invoice for all the 10 line items. Out of those items, you invoice in any order say in first invoice, line items 5th and 10th, second invoice for 6th and 8th and so on. So in this case, SAP will not take the same item numbers into billing.

Hope this explanation suffice your doubt.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi