cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LInking of images & PDF's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the requirement of storing images & PDF's on a Catalog. The required images & PDF's are stored in a server.

What is the best way to pull the data & store it?

Then I need to syndicate it to some other system, Pease give me some suggestions.

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

If you want to import Images into MDM repository and then publish it on a web Catalog then this is possible.

For doing these you need to follow the following steps:

- Create a field with type Lookup Image in your main table.

- Now in data Manager go to the image table.

- Select ADD from the context menu.

- Add a data group if it does not exsist by cliking on edit.A data group is needed to store similar objects.

- Now add images the images

- The imgaes can either be stored as links in MDM with the original location still maintained or you can import the images in your rep if required

- In either case MDM will display a thumb nail ifthe Image in MDM data manger.

- Now do the main table mapping and links these images.

I do not think that MDM images can be syndicated you can only import images but not syndicate them.You can however publish them on Web using portal.

Hope it helped

kindly reward Points if found useful

Thanks

Simona

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your response.

Now if I want to syndicate data to some other systems(PDF's & Images), Can I store it in a Content Management server & provide a link in Datamanager or should I store all data in MDM only?

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

These are the Following steps to link images and PDF's in MDM:

1. Create Data Groups in the Data Manager. 1 for Images and 1 for Pdfs's ideally.

2. GO to the Images Table - > Add Images.

3. Go to the PDf's Table - >Add pdf

4. Now the Images and the PDf's are imported into MDM but they are not linked with any of the Reocrds.

5. Create a field in the Main table of Type - Lookup[Image] and another field of type Look up [PDF]

6. Open Import Manager and Map the Source field with the Look up Image field. ( The source field should have the link to the Images and the Pdf's.)

7. Do the Value mapping, where the Source links are then mapped to the Images and the Pdf's.

8. GO to the Data Manager and View the Images and PDF's linked to the Main table Records.

Note : In console Settings: Allow Invalid Pdf's as YES ( otherwise the import of PDF's might Fail).

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I would suggest you use import manager and either import links to images and pdf's or import directly images and pdf's. before that make sure you create two different data groups each for images and pdf's. Depends where you want your images if you want them to be in the same server then only import there links from where in they can be called into MDM. Our import them in MDM to use to syndicate it to othere systems.

Regards,

Cherry.