cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prod Replica server for reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently our DB is 2TB n likely to increase more. For retrieving the reports, would like to setup an reporting server, which should be a replica of production server. Please guide with steps or relavant docs how to setup replica production server for reporting.

Also suggest if any other option.

Thanks,

gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a standby Database and use Oracle data guard for log shipping.

for more information visit

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/htdocs/DataGuardOverview.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Reporting server, You can use BIw servers. The BIW server will fetch data from production and the data can be used for reports.

Regards,

Maheswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anybody please suggest how oracle replication be done for update the data from production server to the reporting server. Cud able to find some information in the sap library:

" Data replication for report jobs

In an environment where most of the batch jobs are report jobs, it might be desirable to run these jobs at a replicated site to reduce the load at the primary site. The assumption here, of course, is that these jobs can tolerate data that is slightly less up-to-date than the data at the primary site.

This use is very similar to the previous item, “Data replication for distributed databases”.

Could anybody suggest the methodology how to replicate the distributed databases.

Thanks,

gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could anybody from the SAP family guide me to setup a replication server on ECC5.0 production server. The concept for the replication server is for executing reports which are around 300+ which need to be executed from 2TB of data. I coudl able find information that replication server can be set from the sap help portal, for which the same information has been pasted in my previous message. But, anybody guide me with the methodology to go forward.

Cheers,

gopal