cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T51 & MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

in MI 7.0 with syncbo t51 when the backend send the data to the middleware with function deltabo and fill the merep_207,

it is possible to send the data of the merep_207 to the device with merep_distributor or should be the device with the sync to demand the data?

Thanks in advanced.

Paco Hernandis.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

The answer to your original question is NO.

There are two completely separate and independent processes supported by the middleware: replication and synchronisation.

1. Replication - middleware updates data in replica DB (SyncBos type T01 and T51). This process is always triggered by the middlware. The difference between T01 and T51 - for T01 middlware executes BAPIs getlist and getdetail directly from the backend. In a way, the whole list of objects is replaced with a newer version. In case of big volumes of data this in not very efficient, as you can guess. Hence, comes T51 - backend notifies middleware when a specific object that middlware is interested in replication is updated/created. That process is done like this: object is saved in the backend, backend analyses if any middlware system is interested in this object -> if yes, backend sends object key to MEREP_DELTABO, middlleware trigers replication on a regular basis: executes getList and getdetail for each key in MEREP_DELTABO and puts a real updated object in replica DB (table MEREP_207).

2. Synchronisation - can only be triggered from mobile device. This is a process when data is downloaded from backend (SyncBos S01, D01) and middleware (T01, T51). Sync process is always asynchronous, which means device send a request for data -> middleware processes request and put responses in the outbound containers -> device syncs again to download data from outbound containers to the device local database. Now MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR - this is a process that simulates sync request for data and prepares data in the outbound containers. It's only purpose is to speed up sync process, it does not trigger replication (and that is the only process that transferes data from MEREP_DELTABO to MEREP_207 as explained in 1.). In a sync process the only communication is between device and middleware. When device syncs all the data must be already on the middleware.

I hope that answers your question,

Larissa Limarova

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

all this makes sense. But when I have data in MEREP_207, why sometimes do I need to run MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR before sync, but then some other times I can just sync direct from Mobile device??

I know that MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR is for performance really, but sometimes it is also necessary to get data flow at all!

Is there some configuration I am missing?

Thx,

Bip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When Distributor is run, then the data is prepared and put to outbound worklist of each device that is going to recieve this data. When the device synchronises then the data is picked from the outbound worklist and downloaded to the device.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

And the data of the middleware could arrive without the device mobile sinchronice ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The data can flow only when the Client Syncs.

Without the Sync, no data flow will happen.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately the data goes down to the device only when you sync. You can have a so called Mobile Push in MAM for example - but this is in simple words:

Backend sends data to middleware

Backend sends SMS to device in same moment

Device receives SMS and syncs

It is not possible to send data to device without sync..... Sorry for that.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olvier,

what is SMS?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

SMS?

Short Messaging Service - the text messages you receive on your mobile phone.....