Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check and Delivery Date Confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

does anybody can explain to me why the following happens:

I've got material procured externaly with planning strategy 40 (Planning with final assembly), planned delivery time 1 day, Checking Group for Availability Check 02 (individual requirements).

I've got 10 PC of this material in unrestricted use stock.

So, I'm making SD Rush Order for 1 PC (for today) and I'm expecting that during the availability check the quantity in question will be confirmed without any problems.

But to my surprise the system seems to ignore the stock quantity and confirms delivery date today + 1 day (the time needed for purchasing the material)....

I've tried different planning strategies and different procurement times, but the result was: Confirmed Delivery = Today + Planned Delivery Time....

Did anybody had similar problem?....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that the problem with the availability check was craeted by myself

I used Requirements Class with Account Assignment Category E (Customer indiv. reqt), so the system acted in a correct manner - it searched for Sales Order Stock and ignored Unrestricted Stock. As it was impossible to find any quantity in still Non-Exsisting Sales Order Stock (the Sales Order hasn't been created), the system assumed that in case of zero stock quantity it is logical to take replenishment lead time for the material into account in order to fulfil the requirements.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi peter

As you are doing SD rush order, the delivery date will be todays date only and it is just taking delivery planning time. if you go to rush order RO (CS ) document type details , shipping conditions will be on and lead time in days will be blank. and Immidiate delivery [X] will be on where as for other document types like OR these wont be activated

That is the reason system is taking delivery date as todays date

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 10, 2008 9:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sri nath ,

I've checked the settings of the SD order type RO (rush order), transaction VOV8. What you wrote is correct, but still I am confused - why the system is UNABLE to confirm required quantity for TODAY, and proposes Dely/Conf. Date = Today + Number of Days needed for the material to be purchased???

Again, there is ENOUGH quantity in unrestricted use stock...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have to check the availability of materail use transaction CO09. Trx CO09 will the availability quantity of material.

Ramesh