cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Specification: Specification List (CG33)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to import a specification with the CG33, but i cannot do it. It looks for the specification, but it doesn´t create a new specification like I want.

Somebody knows how i have to do it?

Thank you very much. María.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

What do you mean by it looks for it?

Did it find a specification in the system that it wanted to update - or is this really a create?

If the system did find a specification in the system both lines behind one check box should be filled

Check the parameters button especially 'Search spec. type' and 'Spec. deletion type'.

Start with a simple example like specification header and identifier for example...

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

What we are trying to do is to CREATE new specifications (SPEC 1) in the system using CG33 using a dat file.

When we try to do this it displays and error message in the log saying "The system was unable to locate a correct identifier. The system cannot transfer the specification" and "An error ocurred during a specification search using identifiers".

We understand that what the system is trying to do is to search for an existing SPEC 1 based on the identifiers, but what we want to do is to create it.

Do you know how to do this?

Many thanks and regards,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Maria,

Thanks for clarifying the issue.

You need to specify a Identifier in your load file.

Every load file for specifications needs at least one Identifier if I remember it correctly.

Greets

Mark

P.s.: You could create a dummy identifier like Z_LOADED and just fill it with an X - this way you know later one which specifications have been created through data load and not manually through CG02....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

I have an identifier in my load file, like you can see here:

+C

+SC MS-NT

+C for example the character norm "ISO-R/3"

+ID EH&S

+V PLM 1.0

+D 20080313

+VD 20080313

+C

+SL E

+DF DD.MM.YYYY

+DN ,

+C

+BC phrase catalog

+ID CUST

+V 2007-2

+D 20071101

+EC

+BS

+BV $ESTRH

SUBID UN1170_01

SUBCAT LS_UN_SUB

AUTHGRP ALL

+EV

+BV $ESTRI

IDTYPE NUM

IDCAT UN

IDENT 1170

ORD 0001

+EV

Thank you again. María.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

Your file looks ok to me.

Try to change the ID Listing on the parameter screen to an ID Listing (Ident for search) that contains your Identifier - NUM - UN.

An other way to check for the right file format is to create a specification that has the same kind of data that you want to load and export it from CG02 via 'Specification -> Data exchange -> Export' and compare the created export file with your load file that you created via the data editor....

Greets

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Maria,

this is the issue I'm refering to when I say I have the same problem...

I just cannot Upload the data from test to integration. The error message is the same as the one you describe.

thanks again

Alejandra

Maheshrep80
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Alejandra and Maria,

Could you please tell me how this issue was solved, as I am also facing the same error when trying to export the spec from one system and importing it to the other system.

Thanks

Mahesh

Edited by: J. Maheshwar Ganesh on Oct 7, 2010 8:14 AM

Edited by: J. Maheshwar Ganesh on Oct 7, 2010 8:16 AM