cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating communication channel RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to create a communication channel for adapter type RFC. And rediobutton "sender" activated (because that channel is for get the result of an RFC executed in my R/3 server with destination XI).

In the parameters tab of the communication channel there is a block called RFC Server Parameter with 3 fields that I don't know how to fill:

- Application Server (Gateway)

- Application Server Service (Gateway)

- Program ID

Whats that information and where can I get this? My R/3 system has already a configured RFC destination to XI server in SM59.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to smicm tcode and u will get the host name and server gaetway there.

refer the below weblog for RFC configuration:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

You set up the HTTP destination in the SAP system by using transaction SM59. Use the following path prefixes in the Target System Settings.

• /sap/xi/engine?type=entry

for SAP systems based on SAP BASIS 6.40 (XI 3.0 message protocol).

• /sap/xi/engine?type=receiver

for SAP systems based on SAP BASIS 6.20 (XI 2.0 message protocol).

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

First of all you have a to create a RFC Destination of type TCP/IP connection in the R/3 system. Their u need to provide the following details

Program ID: Any arbitrary variable

XI Connection details

Server Gateway : sapgw<System Number>

Then u hv to create the RFC communication channel of type Sender.

Provide the same program id. NOTE THAT THE ID IS CASE SENSITIVE. Then, provide R/3 details for the following

Application Server (Gateway)

Application Server Service (Gateway)

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check these out.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Regards

Ratan

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59ef6011-0d01-0010-bfb0-b51...

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Regards

Agasthuri Doss