We are testing SAPGUI on Linux. Here's the setup

• Fedora 8

• Java Version: jre1.6.0_05

• SAPGUI Version: PlatinGUI-Linux-710r3.jar

The first thing I notice are missing tool buttons:

• Create New Session

• Generates a shortcut

• Customize Local Layout

I read the release notes "missing features" but because we are new to SAP and not yet live, I do not have trained users that can run the Java GUI through it's paces, much less the windows version. Are their others out there that are using the Java GUI on Linux for production Point of Sale? What issues are you experiencing? Also, is GUIxt supported in this setup?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The first thing I notice are missing tool buttons:

• Create New Session

• Generates a shortcut

• Customize Local Layout

Here we are also facing the above pbm.Did u solved that one?.Please give the solution for that .

Regards,

Devi

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Bill,

the restrictions you are mentioning also affect the JavaGUI on the other supported platforms. This is not a specific Linux question, but a general JavaGUI one. I suggest, that you ask the questions in the [SDN SAP GUI Forum|;, which handles SAPGUI on Windows and JavaGUI questions in general. The SAP JavaGUI developers do read the SAP GUI Forum, so there is much better chance to get assistance there.

Nevertheless, if anyone who is reading this thread has valuable answers, you can post them here too.

Thanks,

Hannes

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you said these buttons were missing, did you mean they were not there or were greyout out?

Have you try [ALT+F12] for Customize local layout?

How did you install the GUI? What was the installation option and commands you used?

Thanks,

George