cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callback from WebDynpro to Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ineed to do a callback from a webdynpro application to the workflow that started the WebDynpro. I now the method to be used is as something as follows:

TRY.

CALL METHOD cl_swf_ifs_ws_export=>launch_callback

EXPORTING

callback_url = me->sapwfcburl

http_method = cl_swf_ifs_ws_export=>c_http_method_get

exp_params_nvp = li_exp_params.

CATCH cx_swf_ifs_exception.

ENDTRY.

However, I do not know how to fill the attribute SAPWFCBURL. When I call the WebDynpro from my workflowtask I can see that this element is in the URL of the started WebDynpro page, but of course I need to have it available in the processing of the WebDynpro.

Anybody knows where to declare SAPWFCBURL and how to get it filled?

Kind regards,

Joost van Poppel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Thank for your helpful input.

Does the steps lsited by you have anything to associate with configuration of UWL action handler to launch webdynpro?

I have been doing some research but so far the steps that I knew were different from your instructions.

Can you please try to enlighten me?

thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

How do you call the web dynpro from your workitem? I have been trying to figure out how to achieve this. Please advise.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Activate your service in transaction SICF;

2. Activate the WS_HANDLER in SICF (probably you have to do more in SICF, SAP notes will be given to you in your browser when you want to call the service);

3. Make the correct settings in WF_HANDCUST;

4. Do ofcourse SWU3 including webserver activities;

5. Define how you want to call the service via WF_EXTSRV including parameters;

6. Generate a task from your defined service in WF_EXTSRV;

7. Incorporate this task in your workflow definition;

8. Test your workflow. Here you probably get some errror messages that the service cannot be called by for instance inactive ICF services. Activate the correct paths in transaction SICF.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Joost van Poppel

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the Class CL_SWF_CNT_CONTAINER and Use mtheod IF_SWF_IFS_PARAMETER_CONTAINER~SET.

E.g.:

refer to FM SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT.

Regards,

IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is already solved. The WebDynpro uses an inbound plug of the type "start-up". In this inbound plug a parameter is automatically set: WD_EVENT, which has the type CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT. It uses the method GET_DATA to read the parameters in the called URL. All the parameters can be linked to the component controller. In this URL GET_DATA also creates the object SAPWFCBURL from the part of the called URL-string. When I translate the object SABWFCBURL I have all the information I need to give the callback to the workitem.

Kind regards.