cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brrestore question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am going to use brrestore to restore from online backup. Will online redo logs (oracle) be restored by the sapdba command? Or must I manually restore each online redo log?

My guess is the brrestore should logically restore all these. But at which point? After datafiles restored?

Pls advise.

Regards,

Mirella Russo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirella,

sapdba checks for the list of availably backups by reading the file /oracle/SID/sapbackup/backSID.log as far as I am aware.

When you then select a specific backup it then goes and look for the .anf file and read the details.

So if old backup records were purged from the current backSID.log file you will have to restore a old copy of this as well.

Another option is trying to create a entry for your backup's .anf file manually in the backSID.log file. This is not something I have done recently, but should not be to difficult using a trial and error method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent! Thanks Adriaan. I'm giving full points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you choose a full restore or a restore to a partial restore to a point in time it should request the required redo logs automaticly.

It will restore it after the datafiles.

But overall it does not matter much, sapdba should lead you through the whole restore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adriaan,

Thanks for the useful tips. Points awarded!

As a follow-up, I tried to restore online data files using sapdba by 1st restoring into backup directory the .anf file and relevant logs. But sapdba could not see this restored file but can see all old / .anf files.

Can you hint how sapdba knows what .anf files are there?

Or is it I've placed the .anf in wrong directory?

Appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Mirella Russo