cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get data in XML query from D: drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am writing an xml query.I have stored the xml files in 😧 drive instead of C: drive.

And in xml query, if i give the 😧 drive path i am not getting data. If i store the xml file in C: drive and give the C: drive path, I am getting data.

So my question is in xml query we can not get data from 😧 drive.

Please suggest me.

Thanks,

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manisha,

Assuming v11.5, the real solution should be to save your XML files into the web location so that using http://localhost you could reference your files in an XMLQuery template or XMLLoader action as needed. Other than the process that actually saves the xml files to physical disk location, your application solution could be kept quite abstract. A Virtual directory might also be something to consider if they are not stored directly in the physical web location structure.

With v12, NetWeaver also supports the concept of Virtual web folders, but depending upon your NW operating system choices the physical disk drive letters, etc. may be a bit different, especially considering the possibilities of DEV/QA/PROD in your server landscape. Using some built-in shortcuts inside a transaction like web://, server://, db:// will give you very abstract ways to leverage the loading and saving of necessary content and eliminate the drive letter altogether.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i am able to get data from 😧 drive also.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manisha,

if possible please also provide what you have done to solve your problem, so the thread is useful to other people with the same problem.

Thanks

Michael