Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST05 for a program running in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to activate an SQL trace (ST05) for a program running in background and how ?

Thanks in advance for the answer,

Marie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The ST05 traces in parallel, so it traces everything independent whether it is in dialog or in background.

So if you run your job now, then everything is fine, just active ST05 for your user/the user which the background job uses.

If the background job is scheduled, then you have a problem.

Another problem is the data size, if the background processes a lot of data, then you will get an overflow in ST05.

Better don't trace too much, prepare a smaller example, process it now.

Siegfried

3 REPLIES 3

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The ST05 traces in parallel, so it traces everything independent whether it is in dialog or in background.

So if you run your job now, then everything is fine, just active ST05 for your user/the user which the background job uses.

If the background job is scheduled, then you have a problem.

Another problem is the data size, if the background processes a lot of data, then you will get an overflow in ST05.

Better don't trace too much, prepare a smaller example, process it now.

Siegfried

0 Kudos

Hi

"just active ST05 for your the user which the background job uses"

How can I activate the trace in case it is not me that executes the program .. When I activate the trace, he put my user by default and I don't see where I can specify another user ...

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the answer to my question ... sorry