Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

F4 help for fields in maintenance view resp. generated maintenance screen

I’m new to ABAP and I have to deal with the following requirement:

I have a maintenance view V1 what from a maintenance screen was generated automatically by the maintenance screen generator.

Now I have to add a search help for one field F1 of the maintenance screen. The values for the search help of F1 depend on a specific value of a second field F2 of the maintenance screen. So I need value of F2 as import parameter for f4-help. F1 and F2 come from different tables.

As I’m new to ABAP I have several questions or thoughts:

- I’m not able to easily add a search help to F1 because I’m using the maintenance view V1 and that’s why it is not possible to assign the import parameter F2 to the search help – right?

- In general, its not that easy to add search help to views than tables or structures - why?

- I’m not able to just modify the generated objects because further automatic generation of the maintenance screen will delete it – right?

- The generated function module provides user includes to add user specific coding. Is there any chance to add a f4-help to field F1 and assign value of F2 to that search help as import parameter with coding in user include?

- any other ideas? I did not expect this topic to be so complicated as the requirement to change f4-help in a maintenance view resp. screen isn't very special.

can anyone help me?

Thank You!

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question