cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join the information out of two nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve got a little problem. I created a dropdown field which shows me the data of a specific column of a table. The table is filled by many nodes. My problem is, that I want to show more than one column in the dropdown field. For example: The columns are name and city and I can see and select the name in the dropdown field. The city will also change after my selection, but I want to see it before I select a name. Is there a way to show more than one node in a dropdown field? So that I could see the name an the city which belongs to it.

greets Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

An option is to use EVS. create a simpletype attribute (at design time or at runtime) and create key-value data for it. Let the key be name and the value be the city. Now if you bind an input field to this attribute , a value help will be available to you which will show both the name & the city. But the disadvantage is that the user can eneter his own custom values too. Therefore a check needs to be done for the same.

If you need more information on creating EVS, this document will help you. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/va... help in web dynpro applications.pdf

If you need more info on populating the node dynamically, search this forum using the keywords 'dropdownbykey' and 'populate'.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

(Pls consider awarding points for helpful answers on SDN !)