cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS link with content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Plz let me know that how the DIR is getting path of content server where it needs to get saved.

Means i want to know that where we have to put the path of Content server into the system(SPRO) .I found some place to put the same in "Define Data Carrier" but still i am not getting that how the DIR if finding that particular path..how it is linked as we put only Storege category during CV01N not datacarrier anywhere.

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto to the Tcode : CSADMIN

It will ask for the Content Repository name.

Give the Content Repository name and it will ask for admin userid and password.

If you have Admin user ID and password give that else cancel.

It will show you "Content Server Administration" screen.

In that Overview Tab, You can find the Content server path in the column "ContentStorageHost".

In that path only the files are getting strored in content server.

Regards,

MRK

Pls reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MRK,

Thanks a lot for ur valuable guidance..could u plz let me know that what exactly is the content server and what is DMS server?? how both are linked together??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Content servers are used to save large quantities of documents, either within SAP Media on the SAP database, or in an external system via an SAP-certified interface. The Document Modeling Workbench in SAP Media is structured so that one document class (for example, a physical storage place) is available for each business object. A content server therefore contains one memory space for every business object. In SAP Media Systems, documents are stored in the SAP Media database or on an external content server.

Using Content Server with database storage gives you a very stable, secure and fast environment. You can store documents in R/3 as well, but that is really only a good solution for few documents.

Additional information is available in the SAP Library under SAP R/3 and R/3 Enterprise ® SAP R/3 Enterprise Release 4.70 ® SAP SAP NetWeaver Components ® SAP Web Application Server ® Basis Services/Communication Interface (BC-SRV) ® ArchiveLink (BC-SRV-ARL) and Knowledge Provider (BC-SRV-KPR).

You can also check the document available on KPro

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/15/aea9375d79fb7de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

KPro is mainly used to store and retrive content from Content Server.

Also check this link for KM,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/42/d289ba46076bb2e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

MRK

(reward points if useful)