cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LDAP-Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to configure a LDAP Syncronisation.

I have SAP nw2004s and LDAP on a other computer.

On [help.sap.com|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/DE/10/1a063415c611d4b61f0000e835363f/frameset.htm] is written the guideline to configure. At first i must create a RFC Connection.

But i dont know what i want to fill in in some fields.

My course of action:

1. create a rfc connection with TAC sm59 and from type T (TCP/IP)

2. Choose "Registered server programm"

3. Programm-ID, i dont what it is?

4. Gateway-Host: myApplicationServer.domain (is the same server, where i configure the rfc destination)

5. Gateway-Service: sapgwXX (XX = System-Number = is the number, where i configure the rfc destination)

I dont know the aim of these rfc destination.

I hope for help.

rene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had solved this problem.

I register the Program ID on the the gateway of the application server.

open the cmd:

ldap_rfc –a>ProgramID< –x>sapgwsystemnumber< –g>appl_server<

rene

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

According to the English version of the page at [help.sap.com|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/10/1a063a15c611d4b61f0000e835363f/frameset.htm]:

3. Use the name of the RFC destination as the program ID.

4. Under Gateway Options, enter the gateway with which the LDAP Connector is to register.

We recommend that you use the gateway of the application server on which the LDAP Connector is to be started, where the Gateway Host = <application_server> and the Gateway Service = sapgw<system_number>.

In other words, the server and system number you specify are normally the same as the server and system number of the NW instance on which you are running SM59.

What this is all about: the LDAP connector runs as a seperate program on the operating system, so you are specifying how NW-ABAP should work with this program.

Hope this helps,

Darren