cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selecting multiple rows from a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have to select multiple rows from a table and put those selected rows into another table at a single click of a button.

I have used a data service to do this .i have created data service using data service component wizard..i have selected the COPYTO action for the button in table 1 where i make multiple selection using CTRL key .i have connected table1 and the input port of data service.but i am unable to map the values from the table to the input port of the data service. the output port of the data service is connected to table2.

Thanks and Regards,

Divya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

got to know the answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You can also use a data bridge between table1 and table2 instead of a data service.It will also help you in selecting multiple rows from a table.

Regards,

Nithyapriya Ganesan.

Edited by: nithya priya ganesan on Apr 24, 2008 1:19 PM

Edited by: nithya priya ganesan on Apr 25, 2008 6:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You don't need to use a COPYTO action in order to perform a mapping of multiple (selected) rows. In order to do this, perform the following two steps:

1) On the table with the rows (your Table1) go to the Configure panel and make sure the Multi-selection check box is selected.

2) On the mapping from Table1 to the input of the data service go to the Configure panel and choose Select Mode = Selected Data Rows.

This should be enough to ensure that the rows selected with CTRL (and only them) are mapped to the data service.

Eyal