cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contents of View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had to create a view to extract data from EKBE table as i could not create a generic datasource using table as most of the currency and quantity fields in EKBE were referring to other tables.

after creating the view when i checked the contents of the view it was 4300 records but EKBE as a table had only 840 records.

Can anypne please help me in this regards

Thank you in Advance

jasmine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes i have selectd only few fields. but instead of 840 it is showing 23000 records.. if such data is used it would be data mismatching.

Can i create help or projection view and then create a database view as a copy of projection view.. will it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand while you have created the view you might have given some condition joining 2 tables.

Eg: tab1-fld1 = tab2-fld1.

So even if your first table has 840 records then your view neednt have that number of records only. If they match the conditon with the 2nd table then you end up getting more records just like what you have now.

eg: say fld1 in tab1 is the only primary key and so you can have only one occurance of a record in this table, where as in tab2 there can be more than one primary key, so for the 1 record in tab1 you can have multiple entries in tab2.

Just check your requirement and the condition that you have incorporated while creating the view.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya but i have given the proper join conditions, then while creating datsource error occurs "invalid extract structure template create a view".

Can i create a projection view and then create a database view as a copy of projection view.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

After giving proper joining conditions. while creating a generic datasource with view. Message says "invalid Extract structure template you need to create a iew" can any one please help me in this regards.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

while creating views u might be filtering data on the basis of certain fields so the records which donot meet the condition wouldn't be shown.

pls reward points if it helps.

rgds