cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set different characteristic value in batch than in material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a material I've set a value for a characteristic in the batch class (022).

But when I create a batch of the material, I want to be able to choose a different value from the list of values.

But the system doesn't allow me to enter a value which is different from the one set on material level. How can I change this setting so that it allows me to change the value for certain batches?

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Characteristic select Basic data and amke select Multible values and in Values tab select Additional Valus.

It will work and please let know.

Regards

Sendil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've defined a list of values in the characteristic (type CHAR). When I tick the "additional values", yes, I can enter a free text on the batch but I want to see the list to choose a value from.

I want the user to choose from this list and not just enter anything he likes.

Jessica

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

then donot select he Additional values .specify the required values in the value tab so that peeple can select the required one

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Thyagarajan, but in my case that is not logic.

The material has default value, like a property, but on the batch level, this property can be changed.

Example: packaging is normally big bags (on material level) but sometimes small bags (on batch level).

So I need to be able to change the value that was entered on material level.

Jessica

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

List the allowable values that you want made available. At the end of each characteristic are two check boxes. One is labeled D for default value. Click the value that should be standard value. Each new batch will default that value in. The user should still be able to go to MSC2n and change it to any of the other values listed.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

thanks, it works now. We clicked all values as defaults, otherwise only the default from the characteristic and the value selected in the material are shown in the batch.

BR, Jessica

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be careful. By clicking them all on as default, your indicating in the batch that these are the values for the batch.

So if your values are for packing materials:

foam_peanuts

rags

newspaper

It means that all three will be selected as values for the batch and all three are defaulted in as the right value for that batch.

I would think you only want one actual value on the batch. Hence you default in the most common one and have users change the value to one of the others by exception using MSC2n.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the overwrite values screen for the characteristic in the class, select "additional values" tick box.

Craig