cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Excise Group in Order (Urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to make it mandatory to select respective Plant / Excise Group / Series only, so that no-body can select other plant except the respective document.

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to IMG Path -- Logistics-General --> Tax on Goods Movements --> India --> Business Transactions --> Outgoing Excise Invoices --> Maintain Default Excise Groupsand Series Groups. Here you can maintain the default settings.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

BUT i have already done this after doing this,

Then in J1IJ when i input my delivery no. its takes the assigned

"Excise GROUP" but it takes any series group i select as.

I want it to take only the series group i assign in the above mentioned path.

PLZ its urgent yaar.

RGDS

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with this option. In IMG Path -- Logistics-General --> Tax on Goods Movements --> India --> Basic Settings --> Maintain Excise Registrations. Here you would be maintaining plant wise excise registrations. Make a note of that and now select "Maintain Series Groups".

There maintain the excise registration noted above in the last tab (Address) and save. Now you try and most probably, manual entry should not be allowed due to this change.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No yaar!

Have already maintained "Maintain Excise Registrations" but there too it doesnt ask exclusivelity for Plant Wise its just the registrations no.s then we mention them in "Maintain Series Groups".

Can anybody suggest me how we can maintain in J1IJ

"Mandatory Series Groups" i.e.what i have assigned in SPRO.

as it takes any series group i want.

Its urgent yaarooo

RGds

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry in my earlier post, I have wrongly suggested. Please follow IMG Path -- Logistics-General --> Tax on Goods Movements --> India --> Basic Settings --> Maintain Postal Addresses. Here you would be maintaining some value to differentiate the plant excise range addresses. Let us assume you have two plants 1000 and 2000 and for these two plants, maintain the Address value as 200 and 300.

Now what you wanted to do is that go to "Maintain Series Groups" and select the respective series group. There on the extreme right, there is one field "Address". You maintain the above value (200 or 300) here and now retry.

For information, this logic is working fine for me

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But where in the above mentioned path we maintain Plant wise address.

as its just asking me to fill in the general address.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you are confused a little bit. In "Maintain Postal Addresses", you need to maintain the Central Excise Range address under which, the plant is registered with Central Excise Authorities. The same value, you need to assign in "Maintain Series Groups".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have maintained "Maintain Postal Addresses" for both excise group and series group

but then when i do j1ij it still allows me to select any series group.

Could u plz elaborate a bit more or help in any other way

Rgds

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already said, only after testing at my end, I have suggested to you.

In your case, let us assume in Plant A, you have two series groups 800 (for domestic) and 810 (for exports). Now in IMG Path, select "Maintain Series Groups", and input the Address code what is maintained in "Maintain Postal Address" for either of series group. That is if you maintain the address code for domestic series group, then leave blank for export series group or maintain vice versa. By doing so, the end users cannot change the series group manually.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

the scenario is as follows:

there r different depots for which difeerent Excise groups & different series groups are maintained.

now while doing J1IJ i m putting delivery no, excise group, but i can select any series group from the list, which i dont want......

It must only be possible to select the series group defined for the particular plant.

And plant(Depo) is having only one series group not two hence how cud ur sugesstion be mapped as it has only one series group assigned

And when in J1IJ i enter any series group which is assigned to other plant it takes that too and i dont wanna that to happen.

I understand what u r saying is to diffrentiate the series groups as "Domestic" and "ARE1". but in my case the plant is used as a depo and there's only one series group assigned to it.

Thanks in advance for all ur help and time

Rgds

Edited by: SAP SD GUY on Apr 15, 2008 9:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think , you can create one 'Y' or 'Z' table in which u can keep plant and one more as your key field and maintain sereis group in that and call dianamically in 'USER_EXIT' of J1II .

please try .

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

But they r not using any cond. tech. hence i cant maintain any

Y or Z tables.

Any other suggestion!

Rgds

jj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only way this can be done is to

modify the CIN program to either write a POV to get the Series group values based on

Excise group from table J_1IEXSRDET

or develop a new search help exit and do the same.

Please check with ur abap technical team