cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Versioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have a query with versioning in DMS....

We have Document Management System, where-in we have versioning control on DIR change.

Same time using KPRO, we have Document Management Service under which there can be three type of versioning:

Content, Format, Language versioning

What is the relation of Versioning of KPRO to Versioning of DMS....?

If there is relation then What system does SAP had before KPRO...?

rgds

Kamal Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anantharaman_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Document Management service of KPRO is the underlying layer of the DMS. The versioning seen in the DMS application intern makes use of the KPRo interface.

KPRo interface was mainly developed to support the storage and retrival of files from the Content server, and is existing in the name of KPRo from 46C release. Prior to that also the few function modules of this interface existed , but it was a part of ArchiveLink.

Hope this clarifies you. Please reward points if useful.

Best regards,

Ananth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanking you for reply

when i create version in DMS means we are executing some change in either content or administrator data then how KPRO makes which out of following 3 version is this...?

1) Content Version

2) Format Version

3) Language Version

In configuration setting, i have never done any setting regarding this.

By what way system decides....?

rgds

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

To display changes made in original application file at any later point of time we have to select Content version.

Setting for Content Versions, Original Application Files refer below link which explained very clearly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c5/6605756a4d11d1949500a0c92f024a/content.htm

Regards,

Seema Pilankar,

(If it helps: reward me the points).