cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saposcol question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My saposcol was down and ST03 statistics were missing. Then I restarted saposcol and all the statistics were back from that day.

-my question, how this could happen if saposcol was stopped?

Please Advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitry,

> My saposcol was down and ST03 statistics were missing. Then I restarted saposcol and all the statistics were back from that day.

>

> -my question, how this could happen if saposcol was stopped?

I don't think that the two points have any connection. saposcol is responsible for operating system data only (st06 and the operating system part of rz20). st03 has nothing to do with saposcol.

Most probably the two symptoms occurred together by chance.

Regards, Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry and Micheal,

What all the information avilable in at the SAP level like response time and all(In ST02, ST03, and so on), this all avilable due to OS COL only........OS COL is the intermidiate between OS and the SAP.

If your OS COL is stopped then SAP will not refalect at the SAP level.

regards,

shanti prajapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shanti,

> What all the information avilable in at the SAP level like response time and all(In ST02, ST03, and so on), this all avilable due to OS COL only

no.

saposcol is only responsible for OS data. If you stop saposcol, only st06 (and the operating system part of rz20) will be affected.

st03 data will still be collected because it has nothing to do with saposcol.

st02 data will also still be collected.

You could simply test this behaviour by stopping saposcol on your system. The workload data in st03 will not be affected from this.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Off the top of my head I would say that most of your st03 statistics should be there.

Not sure about your st06 ones as the saposcol is mainly for O/S monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To adriaan: what do you mean by saying "st03 statistics should be there" ?

anyone else:

Does someone know what kind of statistics saposcol collects ? what transactions ? (st02, st03 st04 ?)

Please Advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPOSCOL collects data from operating system.

You can see this data from transaction ST06.

If you go to Detail Analysis tab in transaction ST06 you will find detail information for you CPU ,File system etc.

If SAPOSCOL is not running you will not see ant data there.