cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES Explorer License

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently use .NET Connector to create proxies in VS2003 and use them in 2005 as we can't use .NET Connector in VS2005 directly. I came to know about ES Explorer (Enterprise Service Explorer) for .NET as a successor to .NET Connector through which we can directly use in VS2005. I had downloaded a trial version of ES Explorer. Would like to know more details on the following points if any of you had used it already.

1. Where do i get details of licensing. Is it still in beta stage and can't use it in production?

2. Have you faced any main issues using ES Explorer for .NET?

Thanks

Rajee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

The ESE 1.0 tool is a beta version, ESE 1.1 which include the Search & Browse and the Pubish of .NET services to SAP SR will be shipped together with SAP NW 7.1.1.

I see no reason why not to use the tool on a production environment, it is just connecting between SAP SR and Microsoft VS, we don't change anything on the proxy generation of the service (using VS API).

Best regads,

SAP ESE development team

Dorian
Participant
0 Kudos

Rajee:

I'm currently using it to build an application that connects to SAP. As far as licensing goes, I don't believe there are any issues, as you use the Explorer to generate code in your Visual Studio project which you could actually do yourself - the Explorer tool just makes it easier.

The only (minor) issues I have had have been with the WSDL generated by the SAP system, not with the behaviour of the tool itself.

Regards,

D.