cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mdss.ini file password encryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I changed the password in mdss.ini file and restarted mds ,but the password was not encrypted .

Any idea why does this happen..

I had removed E and then had put the password in mdss.ini file and then restarted mds ..still it did not encrypt..

Any guide lines Gurus..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

The password that you mention in the MDSS.ini is the password that you mention in the Rep details in Console.

First set the password in Console for the Admin user for that Repository

Repository->AdminNode->User->Admin->Password

Hence whatever is the password you set, same you need to set in the MDSS.ini

Hence to access a specific Repository under an MDM Server, you need to go to the MDSS.ini and set the following things :

User - Admin by default

Password- None by default. - To the password you set in Console

It will then use the password you mention. The password will hoever be visible in the MDSS.ini file.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry guys it was a silly mistake from my side ..Wen i had changed the password and trieed to restart the MDSS it dinot change the password ,because repository was not loaded....

As our server and MDSS are on same box we have to unload the repository before making any changes on the box..

I have rewarded points to Jitesh.Nitin,Simona..

Thanks once again

Cheers

Vikrant...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Your way is proper of giving the password.But if you have changed the password in mdss.ini i.e. Syndication Server then you should restart the service of Syndication Server only (from Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Services).There is no need to restart the MDM Server.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

In MDM while using MDSS .ini file .when you mention the user name and the pwd under the repoistory in the mdss.ini file you want to use for automatic syndication both the user name and pwd does not get encryted.Means if you entered a pwd SDN it will display as SDN only in the .ini file and not ***.

If you are saying that the pwd is not getting resetted then this is a different problem.For that once you change your pwd in the console you need to restart your syndication server and then close and open the .ini file again your pwd will get reflected.

Hope it helped

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona