Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to debug into NEW Enhancment in ECC 6.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a custom enhancement implementation ZSOIDOC_ACK which is a New BADI in ECC 6.0. I have some code in there which I m sure is getting executed because if I change the code (in this case IDoc qualifier values) I can see their effect directly when the IDoc gets created. But I m not able to debug into the code written in this BADI.

I have even traced the SAP function pool SAPLVEDC and put breakpoints in the Forms but still cant debug. I tried both classic debugger as well as new debugger, still no luck. I really need to debug to see whats going on.

Any suggestion? Thanks for reading

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to put static break points in your code as follows:

BREAK <username>.

If your code is getting executed then it will definitely stop at this statement, and from here on u can debug.

Thanks

Harshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishna,

Once if you put a break point then there is no chance that it will not get triggered. There are two kinds of break points - Session and External. Session break point gets triggered when anything is called within the SAP system. Where as External is used when ever 3rd party is involved and it triggers any BAPI / RFC FM etc...

There are several ways of putting a break point. Proceed as follows.

1. Open your Enhancement Implementation ZSOIDOC_ACK

2. Open the method in which you have written your code.

3. Select the code where you want the break point to be placed

4. There will be an option called Set / Delete Break Point (CtrlShiftF12) in the application tooolbar / try Utilities-> Breakpoints-> Set/Delete.

5. If External Debugging is not active it will place a break point otherwise it will give a pop-up asking the type of breakpoint (HTTP Breakpoint / Session Breakpoint etc...) Select the option of your choice.

6. After these steps try to execute the application for which you have implemented this BADI and see if it gets triggered.

7. If not triggered then follow the steps 1 and 2.

8. Before the code that you want to debug place the code as

BREAK <Username> 

9. Now try the 6th step

10. If this also didn't work out then type /h in the command field.

11. Now execute your application TCode. It goes to debugging mode.

12. Now in the menu bar there is an option Breakpoints. Under this there is another option Breakpoint at. Under this there are so many options as (Statement, Subroutine, Function Module, Method, Exception, System Exception). Try all these options expecially the Statement (Call) and Method Options.

Hope this solves your problem. Reward accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Maddineni Bharath.