cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEREP_LOG - Variant does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently installed SAP MI 7.0 and configured MAM 3.0 SR4 as per SAP Documentation.

Our Mobile landscape is:

Backend - ERP 2005 (ECC6)

Middleware - MI 7.0 SPS13

Application - MAM 3.0 SR4

The issue is with SyncBo types T51. I have data sitting in MEREP_DELTABO table but the job created by report

Z_MAINTAIN_SERVER_DRIVEN_CUST does not add any new entry to table MEREP_207. The job finishes without error but the spool shows no records added, modifies or deleted.

I do not get any Functional location or equipment data across to merep_207.

When I check the logs I get the following message:

"Return code from RFC BAPI Wrapper call:Variant MAM_FUNLOC_GEN does not exist" &

"Return code from RFC BAPI Wrapper call:Variant MAM_EQUIP_GEN does not exist

I checked the selection report and this equipment variant and it does exist for the equipment.

Does any one have a solution for this?

Ta..

"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Z_MAINTAIN_SERVER_DRIVEN_CUST Report is used to create entries for MEMSD_DEP table. This report should be executed for T51 SyncBOs, with the delay and blocksize input, accoording to your requirements.

And in the variant, you must have all the values of the equipment which needs to be passed to the client. Say if some equipment, 100001 is assigned to some order, this equipment must be part of the variant in the selection reports for it to come to the client.

Do tell, if you still face this issue. Or have any confusions.

Ankur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

go to SPRO in the backend and check the settings there. I think there you have a problem with the variant. If you correct the used variants for FUNCLOC and EQUIPMENT, then it should work.

Technical wise it is the following:

Your setup on the middleware (done with the Z_MAINTAIN_...) report works fine. But as it tries to get the details for that specific key, the backend returns the error message mentioned below. This has to be checked in SPRO on the backend - as I said.

Hope it helps to find and solve the issue.

Regrds,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply mate,

I have configured the backend SPRO as per documentation from SAP.

The only thing I have an issue with is the naming of RFC connection. I have RFC MAM_MI created in Backend targetting the middleware and DR3_140 from middleware to backend.

Initially i had no data coming from Backend to Middleware with a different RFC name, but when I changed the name to MAM_MI I got data in table MEREP_DELATBO. Now do I need to change the RFC from Middleware to Backend with the same name?

Does RFC naming has something to do with this error message?

Please help..

Thanks & Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you are using MAM 3.0, naming of the RFC doesnt matter, as is explained in this document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/818ac119-0b01-0010-ba8b-b6e3f349...

Look for page number 14-15.

Award points if the info is useful

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for you reply,

Now I am getting data in table MEREP_207 but not on PDA.

The MEREP_MON displays a message "No data to download from the downloader".

Any suggesstions???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, this is most likely to the way how MAM dataset works. You should get information for MAM090 in all cases. MAM090 is triggered by the user setup in SPRO on the backend. Open the http://localhost:4444/xMAM/start.jsp page, where xMAM is the foldername of your xMAM installation. There choose MAM090 syncBo and see the data. ou should see some data here. Any further sync will show this message for MAM090 bo even if there is data on the device. It just shows you, that you do not need any new data. Mam090 triggers download of MAM095, MAM016, MAM017, MSM018 Bos. So most likely yu should have data for these on the device as well (soken for MAM30 version)

Ok, tohave a simple test if anything is missing there: Go to the backend. All SyncBOs have a few handlers. Lets say we have BO MAM30_001 (orders). This has a MAM30_001_GETLIST function. Call this in SE37 om the backend and enter the name of the user. You should get the number of orders that should come down to the device as result. Take a key and call function: MAM30_001_GETDETAIL. there you should see the details of that order. If you do not have an order as result: assign on order to an engineer as person responsible and release this order. Then you should see it.

At the end this is it: if you have an issue go o the backend and check if GETLIST/GETDETSIL handlers return the result you expect.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver