cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import server not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to automate our loads into MDM. The input format is MS Access. We are able to map and load using import manager. While using the same map and same file to load data into mdm using import server import server is failing with below message.

[MDS=xxxx Repos=imp_test ClientSystem=MDM

Port=Port_Import]: MS Access not supported in this release. Rc: 0x80000001 Illegal value for parameter

Next line in the log says import finished ( with chunk size etc).

The version we are on is MDM 5.5 sp06 build 62.33

windows OS with 64 bit

SQL server DB.

When we tried the same repository, maps on a local machine (laptop) on same mdm vers except it is 32 bit. the import server worked with MS access.

If help on this will be rewarded.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all the replys. I found from oss note. in 64 bit windows

xls,Access,complex xml formats are not being supported.

I do not understand SAP recomending a 64 bit os for mdm and not supporting most of the file formats on it.

But anyway I got the answer.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the OSS number?

BR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Port=Port_Import]: MS Access not supported in this release. Rc: 0x80000001 Illegal value for parameter

Ya, it may be a case as Import Manager support the access files but import server does not support automatic import using access files in case of 64-bit.

Just see the OSS notes for that build on SMP and check about import server.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaram,

If your MS access file is working fine with Manual importing then i dont think there is any version or build issue.

So Automatic importing should also work in that case.

The reason why your Automatic importing may be failing could be due to improper configurations.

[MDS=xxxx Repos=imp_test ClientSystem=MDM

In the MDIS.ini file give the proper setting such as

- Mention the correct rep name

- Give the User name and pwd.

- Mention the importing delay time correctly

- Check to see that your .ini file is complete as sometimes all the necessary lines are missing in the .ini file for that you need to stop and start the import server,then you can see the list of rep under that server.

- Give the details in the ini file as mentioned above.then it should work

- Also note that when you are saving a map in Import manger with a Access template.The incoming source file should also have the smae table name only thenit will work if the table name as saved in the map differ from that in the source file then map will fail.

- Mention the name of the map in the port option in Console

- Mention the processing type as automatic.

If it still does not work then it could be that automatic importing with MS access may not be supported with SP06.

as you get the msg :MS Access not supported in this release. Rc: 0x80000001 Illegal value for parameter

Hope it helps

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona