cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Park or place PO as on-hold using BAPI_PO_CREATE1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus:

I am using BAPI_PO_CREATE1 to create a PO from a custom developed Java application.

The business is requesting that the PO should be Parked or put in the On_Hold status because they may not have all the requisite information at the time of creating the PO. The idea is to get a PO number even though all the information is not yet available.

After getting all the required information, the buyer will go through the SAP GUI to update and create the PO from the Parked PO.

Is there a flag in the BAPI BAPI_PO_CREATE1 that can be used to Park the PO?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mandar_shete
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I don't know exactly is there is such a flag available, but you can use line item information to lock the line item for further processing.

POITEM ->DELETE_IND = 'S'.

So this will lock the line item and you can unlock it from ME22N.

Thanks,

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar:

Thank you very much for your response. I am not trying to mark a line item as deleted or lock a line item.

The requirement is to be able to create a PO and park it or keep it on hold status when all the information is not available - yet get a PO number for some other purpose.

I know we can park a requisition and a PO but am not aware of how this can be accomplished when using the BAPI BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

Once again, thanks for taking time and responding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello: when you call the BAPI, set MEMORY_COMPLETE to 'X'. This will create an on-hold PO

Hope it helps.

Regards

Valentín