cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Native SQL in receiver JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could someone pls advice me on how to use Native SQL in receiver JDBC adapter. We have a SAp to Oracle DB scenario.

Curenttly we are using Message protocol as XML SQL Format. and it's taking 3 hrs to insert 1.5 million records to the db. we want to try using Native SQL to see if it enchances performance.

Any suggestions are welcome...

Regards,

XIer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though I do not think this is the correct forum for this question, I suggest you to check where exactly is the "insert bottleneck" : in the AFW (does it take too long for the XMLSQL SAX parser to build the SQL statement from the message ?) or in the database (did you trace the db activity while inserting records) ?

The native mode of the JDBC receiver adapter allows you to put a "real" SQL statement in one of its property (though I do not know if - and how - you can bind values to this prop), and maybe it's size limited (setting 1.5million of records and their corresponding values could be quite hard) ...

Also, what sort of columns your insert deals with (BLOB ? RAW ?), this could also lead to perf issues

Rgds

Chris

Answers (0)